I believe that our world can never achieve world peace.

Karizza - San Anotnio, Texas
Themes: peace

The terminology “survival of the fittest” has been used to describe the way animals live, but these words can also be used to describe people. The need for food and shelter has created conflicts between people since history has first been recorded. Back when America was still colonizing, the colonists would not have enough food so they would steal food from the Indians. This event caused violent outrages, deaths and casualties between these two groups of people. Peace that was once created between Indians and colonists were suddenly destroyed by these horrendous actions.

Our urges and desires for the good life which is being surrounded by gold, silver or other luxuries has also affected the peace in this world. When the Spanish conqueror, Hernan Cortez, heard tales about gold in the Aztec city, Tenochitlan, he ventured out to find the city. Once he arrived, his thirst for gold created a bloody war in the Aztec city and in the end Cortez took the gold from the Aztecs.

Even today our world still has people who are willing to steal to get what they desire for, which then causes conflicts.

We use fossil fuels everyday in our daily lives, this persisting ritual will soon be the cause of the limited amount of these materials in the future. The future will lead to frustration between people and maybe some wars will break out due to these luring materials which cannot be reproduced so easily.

There have been many religious conflicts that have happened in our world. One of them was in Ireland between the Catholics and the Protestants. Another conflict which has lasted from the time Islam has started to the present, is the conflict between the Muslim Sunni’s and the Muslim Shi’ites. There conflict can never really be solved since it has been carried on for more then one-hundred years and no one was actually there to record or film the scene perfectly where this never ending conflict has started. This is why I believe that our world can never achieve the everlasting dream of world peace.