Rising of the World

Lucas - Lenoir, North Carolina
Themes: change

I am only sixteen and have yet to fully experience the world, but what I have realized in my lifetime is that one man, one word, or one moment can change the world. Just by realizing such little aspects of life has crucially changed my outlook of the world.

People all over the world have different beliefs and guidelines they follow. Some are positive some are negative depending on the beholder. Like many others, my belief is what I go by on a daily basis. I believe one man can “Lift the World.” It took me a while to acquire the maturity and knowledge to handle this realization. This belief took time for me to comprehend. The key to this acknowledgement was patience. The longer I examined the rationality of this belief the more I conformed to it. My mind was peculiar, my thoughts were endless, and I felt exhilarated. It was like I was being exposed to a new life. I was exploring the unknown. I started to think about all the questions in the world and the people that have answered them. I started to search for particular groups that have made an impact on the world. I was looking for inspiration. I found out that many observers think angels lift the heavens, Greek philosophers believe the god of dangerous wisdom Atlas was punished to hold up Earth, and some believe that one man can raise the world as a whole with kindness and consideration. I believe this is true, with considerable effort and heart me and any other human being in the world could lift the world. Those facts and opinions filled with such inspiration give me hope that maybe I too could accomplish this belief.

My life hasn’t been perfect or even close, but does that mean I can’t change the world. Does it mean I can’t stop torturing, threats, or the tides of suffering? In the Declaration of Independencies it states “that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.” I personally believe that this means I am equal and have the same ability to change the world as everyone else. This opportunity I was granted and with it I am going to do my best to not only effect my life but affect the world as well.

I want to not only belief in the ability for someone to lift the world, but I want to personally achieve it as a goal as well. Time is running out and all I have to say is one day my voice will be heard and hopefully my belief will come true for everyone to experience. I believe one man, one word, or one moment can change the world.