Live For the Moments you can’t put into words

Daniel - Chandler, Arizona

This I believe, humanity’s biggest problem is that we no longer ask questions. We no longer have the courage or reason to ask “Why?” ANYTHING thought to be common knowledge is no longer questioned and is accepted. We as humans are scared to think for ourselves. How will we learn the difference between right or wrong when the assumed facts are all is given to us? Could the cause be because we as people are no longer eager to learn for ourselves? Are we so much consumed by other things? Such as, work, school, and social life? Is the world truly that demanding and harsh that our spirit gives up before even trying? When has it been acceptable to believe that ignorance is truly bliss?

This I believe, that there are two kinds of people in life, those who risk it all to accomplish what they want; and those who fail to break the chains of society. And those are the desperate souls who will live forever wondering what could, would, should have happened. Then there are those who are willing to risk everything to accomplish what they believe. No matter who their adversary. These are the people who live, not wondering what may have happened, but, die with what DID happen, whether it favorable — or damning.

This I believe, good and evil, by definition; is not set in stone, by anyone other than the spectator.

This I believe, karma, fate and destiny truly exist.. If it is your destiny to be the best in something, such as a sport, you should be able to climb any mountain, surpass any obstacle and not die. For if you died, perhaps it was your destiny to die in that spot rather than meet your goal. If it was your destiny to accomplish your dream, you should be able to overcome anything strewn in your path and survive. Yet, skeptics argue that an avoidable situation killed the athlete because if he had decided not to risk it, and hike up the mountain, he would be alive. Although, if it was your fate to be number one, it would be an impossibility for you to die along the way. Wouldn’t it?

This I believe, that those who have the natural talent to excel, to exceed expectation, but who let their talents rust, and don’t wish to go the extra mile to become truly great under the sun, are merely imperfections in the beauty of this world; blemishes. Shining, is not merely bringing points onto the field when called upon, or passing tests with knowledge gained without studying. Shining is not the glory received in the after. Shining is the inner strength one calls upon, to be able to take the extra step. “We claw, with our fingernails, for that inch. Because we know, when we add up all those inches, that’s going to make the f****ing difference between winning and losing, between living and dying… in any fight, it’s the guy who willing to die that’s going to win that inch.” Shining, by definition is to polish. The difficulty is not to shine, but to make the sacrifices to achieve greatness. The effort, the determination, the willingness to die is, a man shines in ratio to the amount of heart put into achieving his ultimate goal. It is the journey that defines a man, the lengths he takes, the mountains he climbs to reach his peak, the extra efforts he puts into his goal, — when no one is watching. This I believe, that true hard work, with the proper practice, can beat any amount of natural talent. On my way to the track I heard this quote. “Hard work beats talent that doesn’t work hard.” This is blasphemous. Hard work and a will that won’t quit, has the power to destroy any amount of talent. Even a rusted blade when sharpened many times, becomes like a razor. This I do not just believe, this I know.