Self Confidence

Brittany - Tucson, Arizona

I believe that telling yourself that your beautiful everyday in the mirror, will give you a lot of self confidence. I remember starting at about age 9, I started criticizing myself. I really did not have any self confidence. I thought there was no point in life for me, I never thought I was pretty, or that I could push myself to do anything. In tell my Grandma Pat told me to “look in the mirror, and tell your beautiful everyday.” I really thought that she was crazy, so never did it. So everything that she told me to boost up my decreasing confidence, I never did. In tell she got sick, and her liver started to give up. I tried making her life all worth while. And when I last saw her, when we were pushing her up in wheel chair to her gateway for her plane, the last thing she said was “tell yourself that your beautiful everyday.” But I never did , then on September 18, 2006, I was 11, and I came home from the park , my dad told me my grandma died. I ran to my

room and it all sank in I thought to myself “ I am going to do the things that she said, and going to raise my self confidence and its all going to be dedicated to my grandma.” So I did it and I did work, I was surprised, and I felt a lot better. So I made a poem for her and it got published in a book. And all those days I told myself that I am beautiful, I felt her right beside me warm and loving, and I loved it. Every single moment, so after all those depressing days when I was grieving and mourning for my grandma, myself confidence was slowly increasing, it was all worth it in the end. Cause never did anything bother me, even if it was true I know I can change it, so I don’t care. And now that I do have self confidence I get better grades, it improves everything, cause almost everything needs self