My Family

Aileach - Emerald Isle, North Carolina

I believe that that family is the most important value in your life that you will never appreciate them until they are gone. Family is always there when you need them; you learn mistakes from them, and you make mistakes with them. You never know what is going to happen to them.

When I was 9 years old, I was jump-roping in my front yard, waiting to discover that my mother won’t be coming back. My dad called my name and told me to go with him. I didn’t know what was going on, the only thing I thought was that I maybe getting into trouble.

We got in my room, and he suggested that I sit down, so I did. He said to me “Your mom died today in a motorcycle accident, an ambulance bolted, and she hit into the side of the ambulance.”

I couldn’t speak, all I could do is imagine was the fact that she will never be there when I need her. I was the last one to be told about her death. I just tried to cheer up my sister, Rachael. At first, I thought it was a joke, but, I could tell that it wasn’t by my dads face.

After that incident, I was traumatized. I would take my anger out on my father even though he was trying to help. I had to skip school for at least four days. When I did get back to school one of my friend handed me the article about my mother, I was crushed. I just kept reading it and reading it, and all of a sudden I started to weep. Now that I went through that, I believe that family is the most important thing in life.