Never Give Up!

david - 28512, North Carolina

I believe that everyone should do something so that they can feel good about themselves, from saying hello to some stranger that you pass, to building a city on the moon.

Recently, I made a 99% on a geometry test, I felt so good about myself, but I knew that I had to keep up my grades. I kept studying extremely hard and I kept getting A’s, which leads me to my next belief that you should never quit, no matter the circumstances.

In my case, I never quit studying, but my belief doesn’t apply only to school. The possibilities of what this can apply to are endless, from a character in an action movie facing difficult struggles with aliens to Melinda’s problems in the book, Speak.

One famous Winston Churchill quote is, “Never, never, never, never give up.” To me, a failure is simply someone that gives up or doesn’t do their absolute best. I also believe that most people who give up because it is the easier option, between getting to job done or giving in/up.

When I give up, I wonder what could have been, and I feel bad about myself, but when I do my work; I feel good about myself, like I have accomplished something great. So my point is, you are never a loser until you quit trying.

Another one of my beliefs is about trying. Without trying, you will never accomplish, but every accomplishment begins with the decision to try. So, if you never try anything, you have absolutely no chance of finishing or completing anything.

“You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to bed with satisfaction.” We, as students, can apply this quote to our weekdays. If students get up every morning with determination, and if they keep that determination throughout the day, then they will almost always succeed, because they have their minds set that they will get their work done and finished, and they have no chance of failing, because of this. Out of all this, I believe that failure will not overtake you if you determination is strong enough to succeed.