Rachel - Woodbridge, Virginia

This I believe

As I sauntered slowly past each painting splashed with many colors and the muscular defined sculptures I was struck with awe. No matter how close I got or how hard I squinted my eyes, I could not identify one flaw or mess up. I thought of the artist’s hands and the talent that must flow out of their fingertips and onto a blank canvas or block of clay. How does one pair of hands create something so grand, wonderful and inspiring? I almost laughed out loud at the thought of my stick figured doodles exhibited next to these magnificent works of art. I felt somewhat belittled. My hands cannot create beautiful scenes of golden meadows and rustic mountain ranges with a few strokes of a brush. My hands could not mold a human body so precisely that every muscle, line, and curve was distinguishable. My hands may not be able to duplicate works like Da Vinci but they can create masterpieces of their very own. It’s like a mother who knows the secret to a recipe and only her magical hands can create a dish so delicious. It could be a teachers chalk powdered hands that can teach children about the mysteries and wonders of the world around them. A Politian’s hand can write speeches that can inspire a whole nation. It is miraculous what five single fingers can do and the effect they can have on so many no matter what color, shape, or size. Hands can weave baskets, administer to the sick, make jewelry, carve things from wood, wipe away tears, feed the hungry, and clothe the naked. People can be remembered for not only things they create but also the things that they do. I hope my hands in writing this will serve as a motivation and inspiration in order for you to discover your hands full potential. Always remember the hands Jesus Christ long ago saved all of mankind. I believe everyone’s hands can create miracles.