Whoever You May Worship

Kevin - Rexburg, Idaho

In just one short year I will embark on a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Being Mormon is my life. I believe that, whatever your religion, be it with your life.

I recently arrived at Brigham Young University-Idaho. It is an absolute life-altering experience. Living here, amongst so many young men and women with the same values and beliefs as I have, has made me more aware of my somewhat distant relationship with God. I have been raised in the Mormon church all my life, yet I had never appreciated the blessings I have been given. I went to church and studied my scriptures like we all do, and I felt like my relationship with God was fairly strong; I loved God and He loved me. What I hadn’t realized is that my bond with my Heavenly Father can be so much more.

I have many friends who are not members of my church. I sometimes visited their church services. I stood in a crowd of worshippers while Christian Rock music was playing, and I have sat at a reverent Bible study, but none of these felt, to me, like home. My friends who invited me to their church service, however, loved the atmosphere. They had found, and built their home on the same piece of land that I had, but their foundation was completely different.

Before arriving at BYU-I, I had, what seemed to me, like a strong relationship with God. But being here strengthened my beliefs one-hundred fold. I am stronger with my faith now than I ever imagined possible. Being surrounded by faithful members of my church and immersing myself in my beliefs increases my testimony of the church. To some it may be worshipping God through music. To others it may be prayer, or communion. Whatever religions you may be, you will get so much more from it by devoting yourself to it.

In one short year I will be on my mission serving God faithfully and engrossing myself in the Spirit of God. It will be, for lack of a stronger word, absolutely amazing. I will be enthralled with my Heavenly Father for two entire, awe-inspiring years. A chance like that doesn’t come to anyone, and I plan on making it count. I believe that we should all make it count, whoever it is we worship.