Determination

Evret - Hot Springs, Arkansas

Determination

Have you ever been potty trained? I hope you have, because if you haven’t then you are probably having a tough life. If you did, like most, then you know it took perseverance, a few mistakes, and over time you grew out of it. That is what I think is very important in peoples lives. It’s easy when everything is going your way, but when adversity comes everyone needs to try to persevere from their mistakes and grow.

Many people don’t think they have perseverance, but as I said in the first paragraph as a baby people persevere. Especially great people like Michael Jordan he has preserved his whole career. He has quoted, “ I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And this why I succeed.” This is a perfect example of perseverance.

Mistakes, no one like to make them, everyone hates making mistakes. Though, for you to persevere you have to make mistakes like Mr. Jordan quoted. I know I have made millions of mistakes in my life. One mistake was last year I was selected to be on Homecoming court, but during the week of Homecoming I did something very dumb. I argued with a teacher and ended up getting ISS and kicked off Homecoming. I was disgusted with myself and to be honest I was very angry with that teacher too, but that’s another story.

Growth is a part of life that everyone goes through, I have grown a lot in my life. As I said earlier I made a mistake and got kicked off Homecoming, well this year I am back on it and I hope to stay this year! So from my mistake last year I persevered and made Homecoming again. Just like Michael Jordan missing 9,000 shots, and now he has persevered and become one of the best ever to play basketball.

In my life I have went through lots of things and I hope to grow from these things. In your life you will have problems but you have to persevere through your problems, and learn from it with age and growth. You have to have determination in anything that you fail at to persevere, and I try my best to have that. As a baby everyone has determination if not we would all be in diapers.