Life Is Rough

Ashlan - Hot Springs, Arkansas

“Life is not fair” this is something I have been hearing almost all my life from people as far as parents and family to friends and loved ones. This quote, to many people, is very meaningful and important. Do you honestly think that life is going to be completely fair and always go to way you want it to be? Well, it more than likely won’t always go your way or as you plan. This is something I strongly believe in. Life isn’t going to be absolutely fair. I have learned all of this from experiences throughout my life. We all go through experiences like this that let us know life is rough, such as: parents divorcing, relationships not working out, losing loved ones (relationships and deaths), and many other things.

I believe that we take things for granted tremendously. For example, when we have the things we really want and love, we don’t really think about them. But when we don’t have those things anymore, we think that it is totally not fair. I also believe that we don’t really know what we have until it’s gone. For instance, when our loved ones we care about so much die, we don’t realize how important they are to us and how much we cared about them. Life is simply not fair, and perhaps it never will be for any of us.

As a young child, I knew there would be many struggles throughout my lifetime. And I have come to learn that this is so true. However, the way I see it, if we didn’t struggle throughout our lives, we wouldn’t really learn anything. Because making mistakes is kind of like a part of being a human being, we all do it. Everyone would have no life lessons to learn from. Making mistakes is a part of life and learning many different lessons. So, in a way, struggling through our lives gives us an opportunity to learn things we would have never known about ourselves and our lives.

Many things have happened to me through my life to make me believe that life is going to be rough and not go my way. The first big thing that happened to me was moving from Arkansas to Texas. I really did not want to move away from everything and everyone I loved and cared about. I really tried extremely hard to get my parents not to move at all and just stay where we were. However, things didn’t exactly go as I planned. My parents told me everything was set in stone and that I had no choice, I was moving. I hated it, but I had to face the fact that I was moving and there was nothing I could do about it.

From that moment on, I knew that for the rest of my life, I wasn’t exactly going to get everything I wanted. I knew that life was going to be tough and hard at times. I realized that I was just going to have to just get by with the way it was. This is when it hit me: Life is hard and not fair and it probably never will be.

Life itself is going to be great and joyous: however, you are going to encounter many struggles. Life isn’t always going to go out as planned because that’s just the way life is and how it is going to be. Conclusively, life is hard and rough, and we don’t always get what we want. Just live life to the fullest and try and tackle all the struggles it hands you.