Knowledge

Will - Hot Springs, Arkansas

Knowledge

When you’re young and rich in adolescence you think you know everything. But as you grow older you realize that the things you know only breach the surface of the ocean called knowledge.

Once when I was younger I believed that I was the Steven Hawking of my neighborhood. I went around acting superior to everyone because I thought I was smarter than them. My brother once taught me a lesson by teaching me that I know nothing in front of all my friends. Because of the humiliation brother placed upon me as I grew older I learned that I knew nothing so I strived to learn more.

In order to redeem myself in the eyes of my peers I began to gather information. I found reading to be the ideal way to gather intelligence and broaden my horizons. By reading books my vocabulary increased seven fold. Some words I learned were exponentially, condescending, contemplating, and utilitarian.

As my vocabulary broadened I started to impress everyone. Reading helped me to learn better because I could understand things a little easier. As my understanding of things increased, I set out for a new learning process.

I quickly developed an over average math for my age group. As we learned addition and subtraction I learned of multiplication and division.

As I learned more I learned that there was still much more to learn. I try to keep broadening my horizons but I still have no idea how deep the rabbit hole goes.