love is everywhere

Robin - Somis, California
Themes: family, love

My grandma had a stoke about five years ago that left her body dysfunctional. She could hardly walk and she had to eat with the help of someone else. She had all the characteristics of a newborn baby. As a couple, my grandparents decided to keep her at their house instead of putting her in the care of someone else. Staying at home is what my grandma wanted and so my grandpa willing made the necessary adjustments to fulfill her wishes.

At the time I thought really nothing of it, until she passed away this summer. Standing in the hospital staring at her lifeless body and watching my grandpa cry uncontrollably I began to understand. I had never seen my grandpa show any type of emotion, but I knew this time was different than before. He was grieving because he had lost the love of his life, my grandma. Throughout the week anything that reminded of him of her he would began to weep just as he did in the hospital. That week I cried once because I missed my grandma, but the other several times I cried was because I learned how much my grandpa loved my grandma. He put up with years of taking care her and her complaining because he loved her with all the love in his heart.

This I believe that love can be shown in ways we often do not think of. Everyone in their own way is trying to show their love. We must take time and search for these expressions of love. They are everywhere. We just need to put aside are thought about love and look at are life. Love is everywhere you just need to search for it.