Live Like There Is No Tomorrow

Hannah - Hot Springs, Arkansas
Themes: carpe diem

Live Like There Is No Tomorrow

Sitting in a curved and comfortable chair, with stacks of magazines surrounding me, and fluorescent lights above, I began to feel nauseous with concern. My mother had been frequenting the doctor often throughout the past few months. When I asked her what they were about, and if she was all right, she always responded quickly that everything was just a routine check-up, and I had nothing to worry about. Well, sitting in that chair, and looking up to see my dad walking towards me look on his face that I knew would forever change me, and the way I thought about my life.

Cancer. The doctors said the treatment was simple and she would be back on her feet in a few months, but in those months that my mother fought against the disease I learned that nobody but God knows what the future holds and we must live each day to its fullest and in anticipation that when life is dark and there seems to be no way out, always look for the light at the end of the tunnel.

Throughout my mother’s battle with cancer, she showed me how grateful she is for her time with those she loves, how wonderful it is to wake up with air in her lungs and how her struggle has made her realize that God allows things to happen in our lives for a reason.

I believe we have all got to get over being stuck in one moment in the present. Life happens, and no one person can control different circumstances that occur in our lives. I have learned over the course of these past few months that only God alone can bring me through unimaginable circumstances in my life. My trust and faith are in Him, and I know that each day can be lived to it’s fullest, and though the future is uncertain, it is not anything to be afraid of with Him by my side.