Kendall - 71901, Arkansas
Themes: integrity

Have you ever been in a situation where you are constantly asking yourself why you just didn’t tell the truth from the start? Well, throughout my life I have always tried to be an honest guy, but who am I kidding, sometimes lying seems like the only way out.

When I was growing up, my mom told me the story about the boy who cried wolf. To this day, whenever I even think about bending the truth, that same old story finds its way into my thoughts.

I’ll never forget the time when me, my older brother and my babysitter were playing hide and seek. Of course, the baby sitter was the seeker. However, about halfway through the game, Tina, the babysitter, yells for us to come out and that she gives up. Now being the age of six I come out of fear she will not make me those delicious pizza rolls anymore. But as for my brother, ha ad intentions of sticking it out. “Where is he hiding?” Tina asked. My response was, “uh, I dunno,” with a slight grin across my face. The next hour or so is hard to recall; however, one thing that stays clear is the “speech” my dad presented me afterwards. Talk about torture. Whatever happened to just a spanking where I can stuff my butt with toilet paper?

I guess when it’s all said and done, I feel hat of course people are going to stumble throughout life, but if you want the best outcome in the long run, it’s always best to stay along the lines of the truth. Trust me, it’s worth it.