Always Have and Never Lose

Kristina - Hot Springs, Arkansas
Themes: hope

There are times in life where I just want to break down and cry. Like nothing else matters anymore, and I just want everything to end. When I see myself in this position, I tell myself to always have faith and never lose hope. There comes times in peoples’ lives where they just freeze, like a sudden cold front hits them. As in, they don’t know what to do, and they just can’t move. These are the times where we should always have faith and never lose hope.

There came times in my past where I thought I was so weak. I never thought I was strong enough to overcome the obstacles I overcame, especially losing my brother. He had a very hard life, but of course didn’t want me to know. Eventually, I found out. He left a note saying, “I can’t take this anymore. I’ve been too depressed for too long, and life’s too hard for me to handle. I’m sorry, but I have to do this.” He lost faith and didn’t have hope. So, he gave up on life; he took his life on September 12, 2003. I learned my toughest lesson. I said to myself, “I have faith. I am strong. I can make it, no matter what life throws at me.”

Realizing that, I believe in never losing hope, no matter how hopeless some things seem to be. For example, last year, school wasn’t my main priority. I had bad grades and many absences. I barely studied and couldn’t really focus during class, but yet, I still wanted to graduate as an honors student. So, I still took all honors classes, and I’m a level ahead in math. This year, I thought I’d be the same, but with the little faith and hope I have, I know I can do it. I believe I can pass with flying colors and wear that gold shawl around my neck at graduation.

I know by then, my faith and hope will grow. I know I’ll become a stronger person, mentally and emotionally. Because I have faith in myself, I know I’ll go through all the bumps and bruises in life and still be strong. I’ll always have faith and never lose hope.