Happily Ever After

Hannah - Hot Springs, Arkansas
Themes: love

Happily Ever After

“Imagine a future moment in your life where all your dreams come true. You know it’s the greatest in your life and you get to experience it with one person. Who’s standing next to you?”

-Peyton Sawyer

I believe that happily ever after is capable of exsiting. Of course, it’s nothing like the fairy tales. We all have our ups and downs. It’s not like the princess marries the princes and they live together with their dreams coming true until the day they die. But, in real life, once all the glitter and excitement fades away, someone will still be standing next to you. In a way, your dreams are still coming true just by that person being with you. You get to experience your dreams with one person. If the person realizes how lucky he or she is for you to share your dreams with them, they will stay.

In the spring of 2004, my father lost his job. He was a very successful director of a supermarket. Suddenly, the supermarket was bought by someone else. He was left with nothing except the nagging though of wondering how he would support his family. My mother stood beside him when he was one of the kind supermarket director, and also when he was making rounds of job interviews. My dad got to experience his dreams with one person, and she was still standing there in the end.

This quote reminds me of the relationship between Johnny Cash and June Carter. When they met, they became long time friends while touring with each other. Johnny eventually got into drugs and they had to stop touring. June distanced herself from Johnny until she saw just how bad the drugs had gotten. June and her family stayed with Johnny scaring away any drug dealer away and flushing all of Johnny’s drugs. Once Johnny got better June and he got married. She was there for him through the good and the bad. This is the greatest example of happily ever after to me. Johnny got to experience every high and low with June, through the glitter and dust.

So pick a future moment. It doesn’t have to be as extravagant as being famous, but see a moment in your future. When all the excitement is gone, who’s standing next to you?