Crossroads

Sam - Hot Springs, Arkansas

Crossroads

Have you ever wanted to go back in time to change or redo an event? Life changing things happen every day, everywhere. Almost everyone has something in their past they would like to change, but what most people don’t realize is that the things that happen in your past shape who you are today. Things that happen always have a reason behind them. Most of the time, things happen to change your path, or to lead you some place else in your life. Every choice has consequences, and every decision has a result. I believe that every thing happens for a reason.

For example, when I was five years old, my grandmother died of a heart attack. When she was alive, she had me in dance classes, gymnastics, pageants, and cheerleading. Also, she always had me in some kind of frou-frou everyday. My grandmother had all boys, and me being the first girl in the family, she went kind of nuts. If my grandmother were still alive I would most likely be Pentecostal! In addition, because she took full advantage of my being a girl, I became the most girliest-girl on the planet. Because of here death I made the switch from girlie to tomboy. For years I wished I could go back in time to save her, but if I did, I wouldn’t be who I am today. Therein lies the reason for her death.

Another example would be when my best friend moved to Tennessee in the sixth grade. We met at lakeside in the fourth grade on the monkey bars. Dani was my best friend, and we did everything together. I was crushed when she had to move. I would have given anything to have Danielle back, but there was, of course, a reason for why she had to move. Because she left me alone and heartbroken, I met Sam. Samantha Sherman became my new best friend, and we have been BFF ever since. She is like my other half, or my right arm, I don’t know what I would do without her. Even though I miss Dani terribly, I would never have met Sam if she hadn’t of moved.

Whenever something happens in my life that I don’t like, all I have to do is remember that there is a reason for why it has to happen. Therefore, I just tough it out and hope that one day the reason will turn into something positive.