I Believe In Hard Work

Jordan - Parsons, Kansas
Themes: work

I am a firm believer in hard work. I think that being able to apply yourself and work hard is the best quality a person can have. When I see someone working hard they always manage to gain my respect. No matter who or what the person is doing. I think that hard work is the basis to a good life. For example, a good education is one of the many things that can make a person life a good life. But if a person was to slack off in school and not work hard they would not get a good education. I think in my life I have worked hard at every task that had been presented to me, no matter what it was. From school to sports to bored games, I feel like if I am not working hard at the task that has been presented to me I am cheating myself out of an opportunity to make myself and my life better. As a child I would always dream of playing on the varsity football team. For as long as I can remember all I had ever wanted was the strap up my helmet and go out play under the Friday night lights. I finally got the chance to prove myself after my freshman year. Our old coach had been fired and the school board had just hired a new coach. Our team was weak in some positions and I felt like I could fill some of them. As soon as I met the new head coach I told him that I thought I could play these positions on the varsity level. He looked me straight in the eye and told me that if I worked hard I would get the chance to prove that. Summer came and I pushed myself harder than I ever had before. I went through pain that I had never felt and I was in the best physical shape of my life. Finally the first Friday of the school rolled around and our coach named off the starting line ups for the first game. As I herd my name called off I knew that all the hard work and pain that I had went through had finally paid off. The only reason that I had finally achieved this lifelong dream was because of the hard work that I had put forth in the off season.