dont give up

Ryan - Parsons, Kansas

I believe that one quote can change the world. That one quote is “ Don’t give up, don’t ever give up.” That quote came from Jimmy Valvano, a very inspirational college basketball coach. Those seven words apply to much more than sports. I had been in sports all my life. I cannot even begin to count how many times I have heard that quote. There is one time in particular, when that quote really had made its mark on me. I am a senior a Parsons High. We have had a lot of adversity this year in football. My coach had mentioned that quote one day after practice. When he said it, I could not think of anything else accept that quote. That quote made me want to help people not give up. I wake up every morning and repeat that quote. I try to relay that quote to people who I think need it the most. I think that the people who are struggling with school, or struggling with issues at home, or just struggling with life in general. If you tell someone to never give up, it makes them think a little bit. If someone is having a hard time with a class, and someone comes up to them and tells them don’t give up, you will get it. That little saying just might make them give that extra effort, which they need to succeed in that class, or whatever they are struggling with. I am 17 years old, and if I can tell another teenager to not give up than why couldn’t an adult do it. It is simple, short and has a lot of meaning. If someone gives up, they are done. It is just like in a football game. If one team gives up when they are losing than they don’t have a chance at all to win. I think that if somebody does not get the job they want, and they tell they don’t give up, don’t ever give up, than they just might try to work harder at making themselves more qualified to get that job. Those seven words have given me the mentality that I can do big things in the world if I work hard, and don’t give up.