I Believe in Courage

Cierra - Parsons, Kansas
Themes: courage

I Believe in Courage

I believe in courage, but what is courage? Is it when someone humps out in front of a bus to save some one from getting hit or is it some one who lives day today working their butts of trying to make it to the next. Courage to me is being able to step up when things might not be going your way and change the path you on. Courage means a lot to me because I have no had the easiest life and I could be going down a path that is destructive. Things that have not made my life easy are things like the fact that my mother was a single mother and we did not always have things. Most of the time my brothers and I would come home and worry if we would have food to eat or if we needed to scrounge around for a meal. Even sometimes we would have to worry about if we had electricity or water. My mother was a good mother, but she did not always do the things she needed to provide for her family. That is why I work my butt of to get good grades, so that I can get into a good college and get a degree so when I have a family I can provide for all there needs and make sure none of then ever have to worry about if they are going to have food that evening or not. To me that takes courage to do because I could just be lazy and not do anything and live the same life my mother did, but I’m not. I am changing the path of my life and that is courage. You can be courageous by just being different. People these days think they have to fit in for people to like then and they give up there self being. By just being your self life will end up going your way. Take single mother, they have to do everything themselves and they have to work really hard for what they have and that still is not enough, but they still work hard everyday. Don’t you think that single mothers lie in bed at night and think to themselves that they could just give up and not do anything because that would be just so much easier, but they don’t? They get up every morning thinking to themselves that they can do this and if they keep working hard then they will be able to make it and do better for themselves and their family. That is courage and hopefully they see it that way and people like that keep doing what they’re doing because they will make it eventually. Courage is very important not just to me, but to everyone because even though you might think your not courageous, you are just by getting up and doing the things you need to, to survive in this world.