I Know He’s There

JoHanna - Missouri City, Texas

I Know He’s There

I believe that someone is always watching over us, that we are never alone. That God would always help and guide me through the hours that I need him the most. I believe in life and that choosing to end it will never do anything to help you.

I had once thought the opposite, resorting to suicide before. I felt like it was the only option that I could choose. It was 12 midnight and I was desperate to talk to someone. Nobody would answer my call and I know it was because I was selfish, calling in the middle of the night. I was in the verge of giving up and just end my life then and there. But I heard something, a gentle whisper forcing me to call my friend, Mallory. I listened to the promptings and did call her. After about three rings I just thought of putting down the phone. I started to feel that it was hopeless and should just give up, but suddenly the ringing stopped and a groggy voice answered “Hello…?”. I was so happy that I started to cry harder and choked before replying back. She was just the person I needed to talk to and she listened to all my problems and helped me decide on what I should do.

Ever since that incident, I have learned so much and it made me appreciate those who have always been there for me. I am still in high school, making good grades, good friends, and good relationships. I am still here in this world striving to live better, making progress with what I love to do. I am still breathing and enjoying my youth, going to school, parties, socializing, and especially shopping. I realized after a while, if I am gone right now I wouldn’t be enjoying all of this. I would be missing out on a lot and I can never be eternally happy.

I had finally realized that I am so blessed to have friends and family who understand me. People who would never judge me and have always accepted me for who I am. Those who would take the time to notice how I look and how I feel, just as I would for them.

I believe that God gives us these trials for a good reason. He gave me this trial to strengthen me, to teach me to appreciate all that I have, and to have faith in him at all times. I have always known how the Lord is all powerful and so kind. I have been going to church ever since I can remember. They have always stressed to me the importance of asking him for help. He would never leave us alone with a burden to carry on our shoulder because he loves each and everyone of us.

I am so thankful that I had listened to that voice in my head and thankful to the Lord that he sent someone to talk sense into me. I am so grateful to my friend Mallory for taking the time to answer the phone in the middle of the night. If it had not been for them I don’t know what I would be right now, where I would be or if I’m even alive. I owe her my life, and for God, he truly is my Savior.