A Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Melanie - Parsons, Kansas
Themes: love

A Crazy Little Thing Called Love

I believe in love, with all its wondrous shapes and sizes. To me, love is like a chocolate cake, soft to the touch and sweet all the way around. I can love my family and friends, and someday, my one true soul mate. Take my family for example. See, with them, it doesn’t matter if I get into trouble either at home or even school, at the end of the day, I always know that no matter what I do, right or wrong, they will always love me unconditionally, and for that I am thankful. Friendship goes a long way as well. I have had a variety of friends over my life, but what it all boils down to is the fact that the close friends I started with are still at my side today. Our love is different, as it is not like an unconditional familial love, but a bonding love that keeps me smiling.

I am a Libra, and it is known that we are romantic and loving. How true that statement is. Like any other sap, I enjoy watching romantic movies, such as Titanic and The Notebook, where the two main characters find a way through their predicaments to be together and live happily ever after. Well, they’re supposed to anyways. Sometimes, and this will sound highly eccentric, I feel as if I should be a male, because there are many romantic ideas buzzing around in my mind, but no one to show them to. The traditional way is for the man to sweep his girl off her feet with roses and the works, not vice versa. Some of my ideas are simple, such as that of hiding an engagement ring in a cupcake or taking my date out to an amusement park instead of a fancy French restaurant. I can easily picture my self standing at a sparkling fountain, with rose peddles scattered around me, a violinist in the background playing gentle notes, waiting for my significant other so I can propose to him. These things are wonderful and show how much one appreciates the other. But someday, perhaps I will find my “prince charming” and I will do these romantic things for him.

Love is out there for everyone, whether it comes from family, friends, or one’s soul mate, we just have to look hard enough to discover it. Perhaps the reason why I feel it to be so odd for me to do the romantic things is because I can picture myself being swept off my feet by my future soul mate. Love is kind. Love is true. Love never fails and that is something I will always believe in.