This I believe… Truth, justice, and the American Way.

Harlyn - Westland, Michigan

These famous lines were once quoted from a famous hero “Superman” and this I believe is the foundation of my values. I truly believe in America and all that it stands for. Integrity is what I based my life upon and believe strongly in the justice system. I believe in traditions and family togetherness and a purpose for the family being one and not divided. The road less traveled might be more difficult and challenging but is worth the pathway made behind in the end.

I believe strongly in this conviction of integrity since I was a child because I feel that fighting for this country is the ultimate sacrifice a person can make to defend and protect their nation. Many people in history have fought and died for our independence and I have always wanted to joint those elite few who have defended our homeland. I unfortunately was not lucky enough to be granted permission into the arm forces because of medical conditions not under my control from birth. I still believe in this country because if everyone stopped caring, eventually who would?

Not too many people still have belief and faith in this country but, I still stand for America despite popular belief. With such rich history behind this country and how we became the great nation we are; I can’t believe in today’s society, laws are being posted to end foundations of beliefs and traditions. America was based on faith and independence not business, corporations, politics. With the primary elections speeding up behind us, I feel that it is important to remember what this country was based on and not change is needed. Our country was formed 232 years ago and is still alive and active because not much has changed with its traditions and procedures. The people we elect for office should not be elected based on political sides but, based on what they stand for.

In conclusion superman had it right all along: truth, justice, and the American way. Everything this country needs to stay independent, honest and loyal to one among all others. Americans have slowly stopped believing in America and everything it stands for. I however am very proud of the nation I was born into and will stand up and defend this great nation until the day I die. GOD BLESS AMERICA…