Sometime War Is Needed

Erik - Benbrook, Texas
Themes: war

Sometime War Is Needed

I have many Beliefs about terrorism, the war in Iraq, President Bush etc. but I’m only going to talk about the strongest of my beliefs.

First of all I believe that the war in Iraq is needed. This is one of my strong opinions because if we were to back down and retreat the troops from defending our country then the terrorist, not only in Iraq, but all over the world will think of America as a quitter and a coward. If all the terrorist throughout the world saw Americans as cowards who back down, then we Americans will start seeing tragedies like 9/11 more often then we should. One time is too much! Also I think that if we decided all of a sudden to bring all the troops back, we would get our men and women back yes, but by bringing them back the Iraqi government would fail mercilessly and the whole country will suffer greatly. The people and citizens will suffer the most because they are the one who will be stuck living through a catastrophe day in and day out. If you see how the bombers are using few children to lure our troops into traps just think if we retreat then they will start using more and more children. We don’t want that on our conscious I certainly do not. I read in class a poem called “An Iraqi Kids Plea” and I saw how not only the Terrorist are treating the Iraqi children horribly but also some Americans treat the children badly. I believe that the children are our future.

Another belief of mine is that President Bush is using the war to show his father, the president who started Dessert Storm, that he was not going down without a fight. President Bush used the war to show terrorist what any American would want to show terrorist, which is that Americans are not scared and will not back down from bullies. So I think that President does deserve a little credit and not all the entirety of commotion that America gives him.

On that note, my last big belief is that President Bush is sending way to many soldiers to Iraq. There are many soldiers in the town and villages helping Iraqi citizens yes, but then there are a lot out in the desert looking for Ben laden etc. Ben laden is a huge factor of the war but he can be caught later. I mean we need to focus on helping the true citizens in need that actually want the help that we are providing. Since the war in Iraq we have had no tragic bombings since 9/11. So terrorism is not the least of our worries but could be pushed under helping the Iraqi citizens so we don’t loose more troops who are looking for Ben laden.

I have a lot of controversial beliefs about terrorism, the war, and the president, but most of them can be factored down to one main belief which is we have to think about not only ourselves and our soldiers but also the citizens and other people who are being greatly affected by the war in Iraq and terrorism.