Days in sight

Ric Daniel - Westland, Michigan

This I believe

When the going gets tough you just have to push on, and when you push on there might be other obstacles waiting for you before you reach the end. People get frustrated with everyday life, problems rise from everywhere, financial problems, relationships splitting up, sometimes even taking care of yourself can get you frustrated. Many of these can get a person down and make them feel sad and even depressed.

There was this one time in my life where everything was hectic and it was getting worse. The middle of high school was the start of this horrid dream that I was living. The dream I never wanted to experience. A dream where a lot of things were happening at the same time and that you can’t take it all in. Too hard to take all the facts and keep it, getting myself stressed out, not knowing what to do next, blinding me from being able to think clearly of what to do next. The final exam for my semester class was coming. The grade that will determine if I will pass or fail. The grade that will determine if I leave high school, or start as a 5th year senior in my school. The final exam was coming and it was my chemistry class. Then there was the registration to colleges. I have to determine which college I want to go to and I basically had no idea which I want to go in. It almost the start of the 2nd semester and now I have to think about prom. Dealing with the limo, which tuxedo to wear, and who to ask to the prom. Also there was this problem of who is paying for the stuff for prom. After all that, I had to go and look for a job, job hunting and taking all of this was just too much stress for me. I told myself to look in the bright side, that the days will get better, like I always have. Days went by and the days got better. All of my problems were getting solved and I couldn’t be any happier. I thought to myself, “if I broke down at that moment, would I still be here?”. Without myself telling me that I’ll probably be stuck in high school, without a job, and probably not have went to prom.

It’s been five months and I still use that phrase to myself if everything is just too much for me to handle. More problems rose and the days went by. The days got better and the problems got solved. It’s all because I tell myself that everything will get better, this I believe.