Amanda - Livonia, Michigan

Getting hit by a semi-truck and still coming out alive is a miracle. The summer of 2006 my friends Lauren, Ashley, Jessica and I where driving home from Cedar Point. It was a long day but even longer day for the truck driver. Driving down the Ohio Turnpike, passing trucks and all of a sudden a truck drifted into our lane and rolled over the top of our car. Everything happened so quickly I do not realize that a trucks rear-end was on top of our car. Luckily the truck only rolled over the front end of our car or we would have been dead. God sent my friends and I a miracle that night. I never really believed in miracles before that incident. What is a miracle? I believe a miracle is something God sends a person that gets to have a second chance at life. In the car accident my life flashed before me and I really thought I was going to die. With God sending that miracle I got to live and continue my life. I also thought he sent the truck driver a miracle too. The miracle of knowing he did not kill four teenage girls that night. Miracles come in all different shapes and sizes. They can be for life or death situations; like mine, or even for a simple miracle of winning a lottery ticket. No matter what miracle has taken place it’s the person that receives the miracle that is affected by it. My miracle was an eye opener and reality check. I learned a great deed from my experience; do not think nothing can happen to you because there is always a chance something will happen. Overall do not take things for granted. I never thought I would have been in an accident like that and now look I’m sharing my story with you. Miracles are a wonderful thing to believe in and have in your life.