Anything is Possible

Kimberly - York, Pennsylvania

This I believe. Life is full of the unexpected. Bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people. The only choice we have is to make the best of what we’ve got. God gave me X number of days on this earth and I will make the most of them that I can. I do not know when my card will be pulled, but I will not have any regrets when it is. A bus could hit me when I step out my front door to walk to class. Dwelling on the unknown will only hold me back.

Whether I live to be 100 or 22, I strive to learn something new everyday to better myself. After taking two years off from school, it hit me that I can’t put my life on hold forever. Fear was holding me back. Dreams are meant to be reached and attained. I have always underestimated myself and my abilities as a writer, but not any more. I am determined. I will do it.

I want to be a writer; writing fulfills me. What better listener than a keyboard or a pen and paper? After a long day, writing sooths me. I have two years of school left and when I’m done I want to get a job with a newspaper as a journalist. My ultimate goal is to write children and young adult books. I want to inspire young people with words. Anything can happen, sometimes we just need encouragement and to know dreams can come true.

I recently met someone who I fell in love with. He only wants what is best for me. If I skip a class he yells at me. He asks about my grades, and if they are dropping he wants to know why. He is the other half of the puzzle I call my heart. Even when we were friends I knew I would love him. I found what I was looking for. Happiness.

I used to think that you cannot be happy alone. That is until now. In finding happiness with someone else, I realized that I was happy all along. He simply found it inside and brought it out of me. Sometimes life seems overwhelming and we forget about the small things that really matter like family and friends. Happiness is everywhere. Sometimes you just need to look for it. Take a few minutes and think about what and who you truly care about. People get busy; lives get busy but slow down and enjoy it. Live every day as though there is no tomorrow. Do whatever makes you happy and fulfilled. Whether its being president, a parent, CEO, garbage collector, or even a writer. You only get one shot.