How my beliefs were created

ray - granite city, Illinois

When I was younger my dad was killed in a car accident. My mother was left to raise my sister and me. At age thirty five my mother, who had worked her whole life as a Home Health Aide, became disabled and had to quit her job. Since my mom didn’t have a job anymore she started reading the bible. It was around that time we started to go church. At first I wasn’t really into it, but still I went because my mom wanted me to. Soon after I graduated, church started to interest me. I think the reason it didn’t before is because I was too young to truly understand it. I started to read the bible myself, instead of my mother telling me what the bible said. Everything I read seemed to help me through the problem that was at hand. Later on I read a script that said, “If you believe in me and give into me, all your problems will be undone.” I remember when I read that, it sent chills down my back. Ever since that day I have been putting my problems in God’s hands, and I have been problem free.

One of my biggest issues is when I see someone not standing up for themselves or their beliefs. I think that we all should, sometimes stand up for someone who doesn’t stand for themselves. Another thing, I think we should have fun no mater were we are or who we’re with, it doesn’t matter. Example (one of these days I’m going to get a video camera and get one of my friends to wait outside of the public restroom (doesn’t matter where, just as long as it busy, like a Wal-mart). I’ll be in the restroom acting like I’m doing something, waiting for someone to come in a do there business then not wash their hand. Ill fallow them out of the bathroom and then yet “that guy didn’t wash his hand after using the restroom.” My friend outside of the bathroom will be videotaping his reaction).

I believe that life is too short to always be worried about something. I’m twenty years old and I’m always worried and stressed out about work my future. I keep telling myself that everything I’m worried or stressed about are stupid and it doesn’t matter, but it still get me. I think that this is something everybody goes through and truly it doesn’t matter because in the end God is the only thing that really matters. God doesn’t want us to be worried or stressed or picked on or anything like that. In the bible it God says “If you believe me and give into me, all your problems will be undone.” If more people did this more people would find that they have no problems.