Music Brings Us Togther

Alex - edwardsville, Illinois

I believe that music is something that brings friends and people of all walks of life together. Music in my eyes, is very a very important part of human life. It represents freedom, happiness, love, and compassion. Sadness, disparity, and loneliness are all conveyed through music as well. Listening to music is a social activity that people of all ages can enjoy, and for many reasons. Live music can bring out a feeling you didn’t know existed. That awesome moment when you feel one with the crowd, listening to one of your favorite songs or bands. For centuries, music has been an important part of all cultures, and for good reason. Music is a universal language, spoken by all cultures and societies.

I go to a lot of concerts and festivals, because live music is a passion of mine. I travel across the country, when possible, just to attend the biggest and most exciting music festivals. I definitely see new faces every time, and meet a lot of different types of people. I also see a few familiar faces wherever I might be. I have met people from all over the United States and even a few from other parts of the world.

That is what is meant by, “music brings people together” I have friends that I don’t get to see or talk to very often, but as soon as a good show rolls around, I know they’ll be there. I can always count on a call or a text with, “Are you going? How are you getting there? Can I get a ride?” My friends that I do see often are as excited as me, when a concert is nearing. I get to talk to them every day leading up to it and then we talk about it for a week after the show gets over.

Music doesn’t just bring me and my friends together it brings thousands of like minded

people together. There are definably some strange people at the shows but most of the people

are nice people who just want to have fun and be kind to others. Everyone around has the

same mentality to have a good time and be nice to others . It doesn’t matter where you’re from

or what you look like when everyone is dancing and moving to the music everyone is the same.

When everyone starts dancing the crowd almost seems like its just one big entity that you’re a

part of something that big it s really amazing feeling .

As I get older it seems like I see less and less I see of my old friends its seems like that

happens to the most of us as we get older. I think that’s what is so special about a good festival

or concert . Not just your favorite band its your good friends telling stories and listening to the

music together. Its about being with good people and friends no matter where or when

as long as were together it makes every show amazing