Michaela - springdale
Themes: hope

On August 4th 2008, something happened to my family and me that for ever changed our lives, and made me believe that miracles do happen. With a miracle comes a good ending. But something will always happen. I believe in miracles because I have had lots of things happen to me in my life and then looked back and think “Oh my I could have died or some thing” and it makes me think of miracles.

That day August 4th 2008 my mom’s truck, my sister’s truck, and my dad’s truck lit on fire. I was pretty much all alone by my self and did not know what was going on until my neighbor came and pulled me out of my house. My entire family members say that it is a miracle that I’m still alive. Many miracles have happened to me like miracle happened to my older brother, he was in a bad car wreck and him and some of his friends were badly hurt. They told us that Matt would be ok, just a few broken ribs but he was lucky to be able to breath.

Three years ago a good friend of my family was rushed to the hospital. Toby had been playing his drums. Then they stopped drumming. When his mom heard him not playing anymore, she decided to go and check on him and found him lying on the floor not breathing. She called the paramedics; he was rushed to the hospital. He had a blister on his rib and it had popped. Most of us thought that he wasn’t going to make it and the doctor told us he wasn’t going to make it. A few weeks later he was able to move and walk.

Back in 2000 a really bad storm had come over Springdale, with all the strong winds and heavy rain the storm had developed a tornado that lifted it up an threw it back on our house my mom said that it was a miracle that our van was there or may be me and my two older sisters would not be alive.

I believe that the trucks burning and us losing every thing was for a reason.

The fire chief said it truly was a miracle that I wasn’t dead, because the fire hadn’t reached my house with me in it. See, I believe that a miracle happens when you least expect it. Miracles to me are something that just can happen each and every day, and that no one really knows when or how it will happen. This is why I believe in miracles.