God makes miracles

Tasha - Springdale, Arkansas

I believe that God makes miracles. When I was in the fifth grade, my grandma was diagnosed with meningitis. This was in 2005 and I was only ten years old. Only being ten I did not know how serious this was. Serious illnesses to me where like the flu and the stomach virus. I realized how serious this was when I went to see my grandma in the hospital. My grandma was one out of the thirty people there with this illness. That night I went home and prayed for her. Everyday it worsened. We went everyday to see my grandma. My family prayed every evening at dinner, every night before we went to bed, and every day before we left to go to school and work. This may sound like excessive praying, but to us it wasn’t we just wanted our granny to come home.

Eventually she couldn’t talk and she couldn’t use the restroom by herself, nor could she breathe or eat by herself. She didn’t even know who we were anymore! This illness had gone from bad to horrible in just a few days. Soon she had tubes sticking out of her everywhere. Everyone in my family was really scared and we were constantly visiting her to get as much time as possible with her before anything serious really happened. My grandma had most of the important organs taken out of her before this happened. Her spleen would have been extremely helpful at this time as well as a few others. The doctor told us to see her as much as we could, because she was old and this disease would really take a toll on her body and she could die.

No matter what the doctor said we still prayed everyday and still had our faith in God that she would not die. Well all the praying had really paid off. In a long seven months of waiting, praying, and wishing she was finally able to go to rehab. She didn’t know how to walk, eat, or talk very well. The disease really did take a toll. Even so, we were so happy to have her back!

When all this happened my grandma was seventy-two, and I was ten. Now she is seventy-five and I am thirteen. This really made me realize that God really can make miracles. This all happened three years ago. My grandma and one other man were the only two survivors. He was left paralyzed from the neck down and grandma’s left hand had been severely damaged. The others had died. She was fortunate to live through all this. Three years later she’s still not the same but that doesn’t matter to us, at least we have her back. She taught herself to walk, talk and eat all from the power of God. Now I really believe in Gods powers. This is why I believe God makes miracles.