My Second Chance

Yessica - Springdale, Arkansas

I believe in second chances. Second chances are always an option for me I just look at anything that would also be a necessary thought in the same directions. In my case that would be a lie. According to me everybody gets another one, even if they don’t realize it. Those chances make up my whole life.

First of all for all the 13 years I have been alive I would not be able to count how many times I have been given a second chance. Lots of obstacles have come in my way of growing up like a normal child, now it feels like god had handed me a box and inside was another opportunity. When I was only 7 years old there was a tragedy and I kept it a secret, holding it in since I was 12 it was very hard and when I did tell no one believed me.

Secondly after everybody realized I was not lying I was sent to a foster home with my sisters and there we lived for 3 months, no one knew what was going to happen. One of my first second chances was still being able to get my act together because I thought I was going to turn insane. The opportunity I got from that was getting counseling. After that horrible crisis of staying at a complete stranger’s house I just stayed quiet and helped take care of my sisters. That was a second chance also, my sisters and I were really mean to each other and at that time we were all we had so being mean wasn’t an option. es will just pop up and hit you in the face, but most of the time you have to look for them yourself to know yourself better and to be, in a way more self aware. I believe in second chances.

Finally my mother also got a second chance from this incident, she got to make sure she was doing everything right in order to be a good mom. It’s not like I’m saying that my mom wasn’t a good mom but lets just say she wasn’t doing everything that a good mom should. All I’m saying is that second chances may not exist in others worlds but in my life they are always an option for those who really look and see what their life is and how the alternate route would be for them. I totally believe in second chances.