Gatlin - Springdale, Arkansas

There are many powerful character traits but to me the most powerful, in my mind is willpower. There are examples of incredible will power all over the world every waking minute. People recover from terrible diseases every day and families come together in times that no family or anybody for that matter should face.

For people that believe that we can’t help what happens I strongly encourage anyone who is reading to pay attention to the truly inspiring example of incredible willpower I am about to share. About two years ago one of my best friends in the world broke his leg and his knee snapped and before that incident my friend was an incredible athlete. As other people were flipping out and calling the ambulance I was calm and content because I knew that he would keep pushing threw until he was better. They had to take my friend to the children’s hospital in little rock Arkansas about five hours away from where we live in Springdale, Arkansas. We went to visit him and the doctor told us that he would probably never be able to participate in sports ever again and that there was a chance that he would never walk again. As of two years ago my buddy is back on the field and the gridiron doing what he loves because his overwhelming sense of willpower.

My great great grandmother is also the prime example of another inspiring story. She and the rest of my family were all very tight and when we were told that she had breast cancer all of my family was devastated except for her. She told us that she would be around for at least another year we all thought that she was out of her mind since the doctor told us only a couple of months. It breaks my heart to say that is no longer with us.

Everyday I see people exerting willpower into their daily jobs and life’s in general, people such as my brother’s dad the cop or my grandparents the farmers or even my neighbor the construction worker. If these people didn’t do what it is that they are supposed to do we might have an economical explosion. But these people don’t give up; they keep on pushing and maintain the willpower to help make the world be a better place.

In my future, I believe that my willpower will take me somewhere beyond the barriers that separate me now, from where I can be, to a place that I can only reach through keeping my will power strong. This I believe.