Roaming through the Open Passages

Kayla - Kansas City, Kansas

Beliefs are simply the things your mind knows and trusts for your entire life. To say what you believe in is one thing but to achieve what you believe in is truly something to celebrate about.

My simple and easy to learn belief is that in reaching for the stars you are working to achieve your own goals. When I was younger I was always taught that I had to follow what I believed in. I was taught that if I wanted something bad enough, that it would never be far from my reach if I followed through with it. As a middle school student at West Middle school I grew up with a very competitive group of students. The teachers themselves taught us to strive for excellence in all of our activities. Though I must say none of them were as challenging and as supportive as my Mother was. My mom pushed me to my limits and beyond them to get me to succeed in school life as well as life at home. She wanted me to make the grades, to get into the right group of friends, and to have an all out successful life. Through it all she was the best of inspirations with all of her prodding and encouragement. Through this I learned that by achieving what you believed in only made you stronger for later on in life. It made you stronger in Mind, Body, and Spirit. To succeed, the feeling was magnificent, especially when I brought home my first grade card that year. The grade card told my Mom that I had Straight A’s.

This is why I believe that in reaching for the stars you truly are working to achieve your goals, including all the morals you built up in making your goals. My future is too important, and the goals that come along in growing up are going to multiply in numbers as I go on throughout my entire life. To have my full focus and attention to working towards my own future, that is my main goal in life. I feel that I must keep this belief alive and running so that when I have kids I can pass it on to them and cause them to succeed wherever their life takes them. Just thinking about what I need is one step closer to achieving, and then success will be inevitable.