Big Dreams

Drake - Monticello, Kentucky

This I believe… Big dreams lead to BIG things! Many times people accept mediocrity in their lives and jobs. You have to dream big in order to achieve big success. People who don’t set dreams and goals will end up in jobs that go nowhere and with relationships that hurt rather than help.

“I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live our the rue meaning of its creed…” said Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in 1963. Dr. King is a world renowned civil rights activist and is famous for his declaration of a dream he had that one day everyone could be treated equal and not looked at for race or gender. Dr. King set his aspirations high and set his life to achieving his dream. After years of commitment to his goal American was equal. Dr. King is now one of the most celebrated men in the world for his accomplishments in civil rights.

At this point in my life my dream is to graduate from college. I have been working on this goal for 12 years now, preparing through grade school, middle school and now high school. Feel that I am well on my way to achieving that goal. While that goal will be just a small stepping stone in the life I have ahead of me, I realize that with each small accomplishment I have to re-evaluate life and set my standards just a little higher. This value of dreaming for success is also something I want to instill in my children and grandchildren someday. It is something that if practiced can make a person succeed and have a great life.