Life Would be Totally Impossible Without Family

Ashlyn - Springdale, Arkansas

When was the last time you stopped for a second, and really thought about your family? The last time for me was very recent. In fact, it was right before I started writing this essay. I got stuck on what to write about what I believe in.

I believe that family is the main key to life. Family is at the top of my list of people; my family especially. There would be no where to go, without my family. I would be so incredibly lost. My parents have done every possible detail that I can think of for me, my grandparents too, and everyone in between.

It seems like every day would be a struggle for me, if I didn’t have them. Times like when money is an issue. It’s very hard to get everything we need for the week sometimes. My grandparents step in, and help. Another example is just getting to and from places. My parents, mainly my mom, have done the best things for me.

My mom is like being on life support. There are a huge number of things that she has done for me. From being born, to helping me with homework last week. Something that will always be really close to my heart about my mom, is that when there is an argument or an issue with my dad, she steps in and backs me up, and stands up for me. If I never had my mom by my side at all times, I would curl up in some deep, dark place and cry. Life would be awful without her. We have our little fits towards each other, but ten minutes later, we apologize, then we are talking and laughing again.

My dad is my advocate. He backs me up in things and really thinks about what I want. For instance, I’ll tell him something that I might want, then sooner or later, he will tell me that I’m getting what I told him about. A real experience is like if I need something from the store. In just a few minutes, he will be calling for me, so we can leave to go get it. It’s great that he does that for me. My dad also helps me with things through and for church. He can help me understand things better sometimes. There are so many excellent things that my dad does for me.

Without my family by my side at all times, there would be at least one definite lost teenage girl in this small world. I would hate everything if there was absolutely no family. So, of course, there are times you need some time by yourself, but you just have to have your family there. Family is the main key to life, and without them, life would be totally impossible.