God is Always on Your Side

Emily - Springdale, Arkansas

God is Always on Your Side

Is there a person in your life always on your side, a best friend, a parent, maybe even your pet goldfish? This I believe, God will always be on your side. There have been two times in my life I remember God being on my side.

In 2006 a doctor noticed an eighteen pound tumor had formed on my grandma, Dora Bartels ovary. She was into surgery within days. When the day came I cried along with all of my family, we prayed for God to be on her side the whole surgery and our love and hope created a successful surgery. The tumor was taken straight to a testing facility and the results showed the cancerous cells inside the tumor. My grandma then started two rounds of chemotherapy every month and now it’s every two years until her last appointment when she will be announced cancer free. God was on her and my family’s side during every bump we’ve hit and he will be until she’s named cancer free.

In the beginning of this year when we were moving my eighteen year old sister into college at Missouri State, a devastating incident occurred. My mom, dad, sisters’ boyfriend, and I were leaving the Hilton Hotel for my sisters’ dorm room. As usual, my mom had taken off her wedding ring to apply a creamy lotion on her arms. When she finished, we left the hotel for the weekend. Then we headed for Amanda’s dorm room. She and her roommate needed a few supplies from Walmart when we arrived, so we decided to make the quick trip to the store and back to the dorm.. When we entered the shopping center, the whole group was having a good time. Picking between shower curtain colors and bathroom necessities, my mom noticed her wedding ring missing from her finger when she did her known habit of twilling the ring on her finger. My mom, my dad, and I all left immediately to go on the hunt for the ring. When we stepped into the car the search turned serious. After a short period of time the three of us gave up on looking inside the vehicle. On the two lane road through town I reached in the trunk of our Toyota Sequoia, and then glanced down into the seat next to me when I noticed a beautiful silver diamond ring. THERE IT WAS! I had found her ring. This is a very important time in my life when God was on my side and helped me through the hurt.

As you can see above, I am a Christian and I believe God is always on your side. Whether you’re physically in pain or mentally, he will be there, guiding you through everything. When it didn’t feel like he was there or it did not seem like he cared to help, it always seemed right in the end. This I believe, God will always be on your side.