Kenzie - Springdale, Arkansas

My favorite hobby is modeling and acting for N.C.K. talent agency clients. I audition for jobs that I want. I don’t always get those jobs, and for that reason, I believe in failure. Without failure, I wouldn’t be where I am now.

Some people believe that if they fail at something then they’re not good enough. When I fail at something, then that just pushes me to try harder to get to my goal.

Failure isn’t always the best thing. At times, I’m disappointed with myself for letting things slide by and taking them for granted. When I truly think about it, I grasp that I could improve, and do better the next time.

Failure is like a motivator to me in this way. This might sound tacky, but it’s true. I’m also motivated by my family, but I need to lean on my own personal experiences to better myself in a way I think best for me.

Once, I was at an audition for a runway show. It was my first time and all the other girls were more experienced than I was because they had been there longer. I went into the audition and I tried my hardest. I knew that my walk was sloppy, and my turns were not as precise and graceful as all of the other girl’s turns were. I came out of the audition, knowing that I wouldn’t make it because I wasn’t as proficient as the other girls. When I didn’t, I told my self that I would try my hardest and practice so that the next time, I might get the part in a show.

It’s thwarting at times for me to fail at things, and I don’t like the feeling of embarrassment it causes me to feel, like I did at that one audition.

After that audition I failed to succeed, I have tried my hardest to be better than anybody in the room that I’m competing against. It can get hard at times but it’s well worth failing at something once, than going through that experience many times.

Another time, I was in my algebra 1 class. We had a test going on and I thought that I was doing fairly well. Algebra is not the easiest subject, and for me to get a good grade was everything. I turned my test in with a proud smile on my face, wondering what my teacher would think of me now that I had aced his test. The next thing I know, my teacher is calling me up to the front of the class, admonishing me on my terrible algebra test grade.

I was absolutely embarrassed, and so for that, I tried harder on my tests because I failed in that one.

You shouldn’t fail on purpose to make yourself stronger, that’s not how it works. You should always do your best and if it’s not good enough, try harder. That’s what I do.

This is why I believe in failure.