Laughing Every Day

Sara - Springdale, Arkansas

Laughing every day is an important part of every person’s life. I laugh each day thanks to my goofy friends. If I’m ever sad or depressed, my friends will definitely get me smiling. Of course, that smile will soon turn into a burst of laughter. Without my buddies to keep me laughing, I don’t think I could keep my belief and laugh every day.

Four years ago, I went into kind of a depressing part of my life. It wasn’t anything serious like thoughts of suicide. It was just that I felt like a nobody. I didn’t have many friends. I didn’t even try to make friends. My other friends from the past years had gotten moved into different classes so I never saw them much. I felt lonely and gloomy. I laughed about three times a week, which for a fourth grader, isn’t good.

Towards the end of my fourth grade year, I started to see my old friends and they started to make me laugh every time I saw them. I stopped slouching down the halls and started to hold my head high. I felt healthier and my parents noticed the difference too. Life wasn’t depressing anymore. I was excited to go to school and see my friends every morning. I practically flew out of bed to get ready for school.

When the summer came along, I kept in touch with my friends and was still laughing every day of the week. I got along with my parents better and I grew an extremely strong bond with them that could never be broken. Life was great. As summer started to come to an end, I started to get nervous about my upcoming fifth grade year.

Finally, the first day of fifth grade came and I was eager to see all my friends. My first day was great and I had a ton of my buddies in my class. At lunch, we all started a club called the F.P.S., (Food Passing Society). My friends kept me laughing and I think I kept them laughing all the time too. My fifth grade year was the best year I had ever had in school. I think the only time I stopped laughing is when I was away from my friends. Because of all the giggling, our group became the comedians of the school.

When we graduated from elementary, we drifted away from each other. It was ok though because we will always remember that year and all the good times we shared with each other. Rachael and I are still best friends and we always will be no matter what happens. We both make each other laugh every time we are together.

Now, I’m in eighth grade and still laughing every day. I have many friends and I still have Rachael as my best friend. Laughing is a part of my life, and I will never let it leave.