I Belive anything is possible

Justen - Ankeny, Iowa
Themes: sports

The game of baseball has made me a better person for many reasons. I have been playing baseball since I was six years old. I have been on many different teams with kids from all over. My AAU team was the Ankeny Hawks. I would also play little league in Ankeny.

Baseball has made me a better person in my life because it has taught me many things. I would have to play with kids in the grade above me because I was old for my grade. This has taught me to be more mature and to handle things better on and off of he field. Playing baseball has kept me out of a lot of trouble in my life also. My summer consists of nothing but baseball and because of this, I have stayed out of a lot of trouble. Also, just being in a sport means that I can’t get into trouble, and if I do it would let the whole team down.

Baseball has also helped me handle adversity in my life. Baseball is a game of failure. You just have to except the fact that you will fail at times. Baseball is the only sport where a man can succeed 3 out of 10 times and still be considered an all-star at the sport.

I have failed many times and will always fail at it. I remember when I was 16 years old my all-star team made it all the way to the little league central world series. The winner of the tournament would get a chance to play in the little league world series in Bangor, Main. We made it all the way to the championship game and then lost 4-0. It was one of the worst memories I have had of baseball.

But I didn’t let it get me down I kept on trying and trying harder and it finally paid off. I was a varsity starter, and I also played in the state tournament.

The game of baseball has kept me out of a lot of trouble and has also taught me a good lesson about life.