thomas - ankeny, Iowa

I believe that life of one is equal or less fair then the other. How can life be fair when the laws of a governing society appall to which we all live by. Shouldn’t all who live be governed equally to each other in our society? As we all think life should be fair it is not. My sister, 17 is treated with more respect because she is older b one year.

It was about two ears ago. The school year had just finished and summer began. A week later our report cards had came in the mail. My mom would look over the report cards and would determine how much money we both would be given. My sister had gotten thirty dollars and I my self only twenty dollars. Both our report cards were almost the same. I asked my mom how come I had only gotten twenty? Her response was because you are only one year younger. Because I was one year younger I was treated lower then my sister. My classes are just a shard as hers and she still got more. I was so mad that I rushed up to my room and slammed the door shut.

This was not the only time my mom had treated me unfair from my sister. My sister gets to stay our past eleven and I have to be home at 9:30 because I am sixteen and she is seventeen. I mean come on I am in high school and get good grades. Only one year apart, it makes me had because there is nothing I can do. I know sounds lame but hey it is what we all have to deal with at some point in our life.

So I came up with a plan. It was to get my sister in trouble so that I can do more things then her. Oh did my plan work. Now I get to stay out later. My mom trusts me more, and my sister does not get to. I can’t wait for the day she moves out. I’ll be so happy because I will be the oldest one, not her, and I will get to do everything. Man, I have not been this happy since my sister got busted for sneaking out. Ever since I was a little boy my parents would always treat me different then my sister. My best advice is to treat others no less then you would treat your self. This is my reason why I think life is not fair. It never has, and never will be in this twisted up would we call home.