I Believe Anything is Possible

Andrew - Ankeny, Iowa
Themes: parenthood, work

I believe anything in life is possible if you are willing to work hard enough to achieve it. Ever since I was a little kid all I wanted to do was own a truck. This last year when I got my drivers license I wanted my first vehicle to be a truck. It was how I earned that truck that taught me a lesson.

It took a long time for me to find a truck I really liked. Since it was my first one, I wanted it to be very nice so it could last me a long time. I finally found the one I really wanted, so my parents and I took it for a test drive, and they also loved it. We discussed financial options, and they stressed to me that I would appreciate the truck and would take better care of it if I had to contribute to the cost of it.

I wanted that truck so bad. I found several ways I could earn money to put towards it. The hardest part about this was finding time to do it because of all the sports I participate in. Finally, I found several jobs that would work around my schedule. First I called a friends uncle to see if I could work with him. He was soon going to be selling his house, and needed some help fixing it up before he could put it up on the market. He also owned his own business called Metro Fencing, and he would let me work there whenever I had a couple of free days.

I started to realize that I could actually make this happen. I could buy my truck. I just needed a few odd jobs that would help me earn money during the football season. After I started earning money, I sat down with my parents and we talked about how we could equally split up the truck payment. My parents then told me how proud of me they were. They also told me how much they believed in me. With my parents help it was possible to purchase my GMC Sierra Denali. To keep it, I will need to find a more reliable job where I can work after the football season.

After watching my parents earn everything they have in life, this experience proved to me that anything I set my mind to and work hard enough to get is now a reality for me. If I can believe in myself, I can achieve anything in life. There is nothing that is not possible. This is what I believe.