Positive Attitude

Matt - Ankeny, Iowa

I believe that it is important to always have a positive attitude. If I always have a positive attitude then people around me will be affected by that so therefore my attitude will rub off on them. If I have a negative attitude then people around me will also have a negative outlook. The power of having a good attitude is so strong. The attitude that one person has affects everyone around them. If that person has a good attitude, it can spread to the people around them, and they will pass it on to others. If a person goes to a different place with a negative outlook, then the negativity will rub off on the next person, and so forth.

If I come home with a negative attitude and my mother has a positive attitude then either I will affect her with my negative attitude, or she will have a positive affect on me and my attitude will change. If my negativity rubs off on her, then we could have an interesting evening of arguing and bickering. However, if she rubs off on me, we could have a great evening together.

Recently I have found myself trying my best to have a positive outlook on my life and the situation that I am in. The other day I went into the house, and my mother was upset. Now, I had a good, positive attitude and was joyful to finally be home. My mother, however, did not have that great of an attitude. We started to talk, because I had realized that she was not doing so well. But, her attitude affected my attitude.

However, that did not turn out so well, because my mother’s attitude ended rubbing off on me.

I told her that I was having a good day and wanted to keep it that way, however that did not help the situation. My comment only made it worse. We kept talking and soon enough my positive attitude made an influence on her. From then on she had a better attitude and was happier.

This is just one example. If I try to positively influence everyone I encounter ever day with my attitude, then I, as an individual, have the ability to impact many lives.

So what I am saying is to have a great attitude even in the tough times. I believe that having a good, positive attitude is very important all the time.