I believe everything happens for a reason

Armela - Ankeny, Iowa

I believe everything happens for a reason.

I believe these days, life either makes you or it breaks you.

I’ve always believed that but until this I never really thought of t relating to me personally. Earlier this I lost a friend. He died in a car accident. His death threw my whole world upside down. I never thought that one day I would wake up and he would be gone. His girlfriend was one of my oldest friends. I grew up with her and basically known her my whole life. I could not even imagine what she was going through. And I honestly do not believe she will ever be fully over his death. Two weeks before the accident, they began to plan on getting married and starting a family. After his death, all of his friends and family got together to remember him. It brought a lot of people together. Even people who did not know him very well came to show respect his life. It meant a lot that hey were there. It was one of the saddest nights I have ever experienced. It was truly heartbreaking to sit in the room with all of his friends and family and to see how his life affected everyone.

Even though his death was untimely and unexpected. I know it happened for a reason. And even though he was very young, I know that God had a bigger plan for him. It’s sad not having him around, but I know he is up in heaven looking over us. His girlfriend became a strong person. I honestly look up to her in so many ways! Everyone was so worried about her after he died. I could tell they all expected her to go absolutely crazy and try to hurt herself. But she never did anything. She proved them all wrong. She held her head up high even when people were spreading rumors about his death and how it was her fault

It’s been a couple months since his death and she is doing so well. She is so much stronger now an amazing roll model. She is the reason that I truly believe that everything happens for a reason.