Jenna - Wareham, Massachusetts

I believe that the little things in life mean the most. I believe that when a person, smiles at you, or passes a kind word or two, it can make someone’s day. The little things can be the most unexpected things in life, like your brother’s adorable best friend, wishing you happy birthday, or when he comes over the house and smiles at you, and looks at you with his big dark eyes. The little things in life, like your dog waiting anxiously by the front door standing on a chair looking out the window, perched like a great bald eagle, just waiting for you to come home from school, so he can attack you with hugs and kisses. The little things can be something as simple, as reading a great John Steinbeck novel, or watching a movie with your older brother. Taking a walk at night with your mom, and admiring the night sky, looking up at the moon, and the millions of stars that are in the sky.

The little things make up one’s life. Our lives are like a book, every day is a new chapter, with new journeys, and new self-discoveries. What makes the little things in our lives special is the fact that they are totally unpredictable, and can not always be easily elucidated.