Gus - Ft. Myers, Florida
Age Group: 65+

We need to re-examine and re-evaluate many of the ancient religious traditions in the bible that are indoctrinated into the minds of young children generation after generation as defining Divinity. (1) The Creation tradition including the expulsion of Adam and Eve from Paradise and the concept of original sin. None of which actually happened. (2) The tradition of the global flood and “punishment” from God which, of course, never actually happened. (3) The divinely “approved” conquest of Canaan including the battles of Jericho and Ai which, of course, never actually happened. (4) The heroic status of killer heros like Sampson, Joshua, David and so many others in the bible.

These spiritually misleading sentiments and notions with their war-god spin continue to pave the way for a “God is on our side” mind-set that allows the perpetration of warfare to continue within the spiritual climate of our culture.

We need a new faith for the future. One that defines Divinity without negating common sense, intelligence and science or technology.

These are, afterall, tools for seeking truth.