what’s the point of war

blanca - malden, Massachusetts
Themes: war

Why are we making war and not peace?

War is the worst word in the world; so many people die. The soldiers think that by fighting, they are saving the world. But that’s a lie because it’s actually all the way around. By making war and fighting we are destroying the world. It destroys the nature .The beauty of the country. It destroys families. They waste all the money on weapons and other equipment for war.

This world needs peace. It’s so sad to know that some people think that fighting in a war is for the good of the country. You think that’s true? I totally disagree with it. We should be making peace in this world. Be friendly with other countries. So many kids have their fathers at war. They need to feel the family love. I know from my own experience how it feels to live without a dad. When I was two years old m dad left me with my mom and sometimes at school I used to cry when I used to see all my classmates with their dads. I think all these kids with their fathers at war feel the same as I felt once.

Sometimes I imagine this world full of peace. I imagine everyone happily ever after without wars. Presidents should stop to think and see how all these families feel, how lonely and sad they feel, knowing that their sons, husbands or dads might be getting killed for no reason. I think war is so pointless. One day war is going to end. The kids will have their dads. Wives will have their husbands. Parents will have theirs sons back. They will be able to hug and kiss them and tell them how much they love them. I think that by making war, we are making things worse. Is war defending the country? Or are we fighting for pride? I think that it would be better to try to make peace instead of war.