Disciplinary Actions

Dakota - Spencer, Indiana

When was the last time you went outside to run five miles just to stay in shape? I will tell you what, I never have. One of my core beliefs is, “You need to make every effort to become more self disciplined.”

The reason this is one of my core beliefs is because when you can go out and do something that takes work because it needs done or because you are being nice to someone you are using self-discipline. I have a lot of respect for people with self-discipline. A person who can find the time to help others is a friend of mine. I do not have a lot of self-discipline, but I try to gain self-discipline every day.

I have a ton of things going on this school year. I have band, golf, and wrestling. I am also thinking about joining the soccer team, too. I have to do all of this alongside schoolwork too. Last school year, my only extra curricular activity was wrestling, whereas I didn’t have a whole lot of self-discipline. This year, I have a lot more going on that I have to keep track of. If I do not, other people will suffer. I can’t let that happen. In band, for example, if I am not there, the entire marching band suffers because the form does not look right without everyone there.

When I sit at home, I am almost always in my room. I could go out and play a game with my little sister, but for the most part, I do not. I think of it as good self-discipline if I were to play with my sister. In example of bad self-discipline, I could go into my room and sleep rather than to study or to do my homework.

I may not always follow my belief, but if you have that kind of discipline, I have unlimited respect for you. I believe you need to make every effort to become overall more self-disciplined.