ONE TRUE FRIEND

Rose - Arizona City, Arizona

“ONE TRUE FRIEND”

I believe in one true friend. That one person you can tell anything to and know it stays just between the two of you. That someone who can bring so much joy by simply being who they are and who is there to build you up and never to tear you down. Who would have thought that on May 24, 2008 I would be finding that one true friend that I have wanted for so long. And on myspace of all places. It’s amazing in what ways God can answer prayer. You see, I had built a wall around me not allowing myself to get to close to anyone, for fear that they would be taken away. This happened after the loss of my best friend on December 21, 1992; which happened to be my little sister. I went through years of being in limbo with so much to say and no one to really confide in….of hearing others talk about that one true friend. I knew I was missing something in my life. Yes, I had those casual friends… the ones you talk to about everyday things like the kids, work, politics and religion. But I was searching for so much more.

For some unknown reason on May 24, 2008 I searched for a friend on myspace To this day I don’t totally understand doing that; it was something so out of character for me. And out of thousands of people I clicked his profile. The first thing I did was go to his pictures and there was a picture of him holding up a cut-out of Flat Stanley. This picture touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. I saw a person full of kindness and love for others. For a split second I thought “what are you doing, have you lost your mind.” But, there was that little voice in the back of my head ….you know the one we don’t like to listen to. So, I listened this time and sent a friend request. The following day I was happy to see that he had accepted.

What he has become to me and what he has done for me is beyond what I could ever have asked for in a friend. With his encouraging words he has allowed me to let go of all the fear, anger and regret that I had by simply believing in me and pushing me not to quit. He allows me to just be who I am with all my flaws and imperfections. He knows when I am feeling down and always takes the time to find out what is going on; despite what is happening in his life. What I felt in my heart and saw in that picture that day is true; this man is full of kindness and love for others. I want nothing but the best for him and not a day goes by when I don’t thank GOD for my one true friend.