Books A humans way to see the world where ever you are

Danielle - eureka, Illinois

Everyday when I leave the house I have a book with me wherever I go whether I am going to school, to the park, in the car, or even to a restaurant. Many people think it is a little weird to be taking a book to a restaurant or at school when I have some free time, I take it too read and relax. Of course if a teacher assigned some pages in a textbook I would read them. I think Books are a great source to use to get a conversation going because of the fact that there is not just one copy of a book, so many people can read the same book, and even if someone did not read the same book just talking about a certain point in the book can bring up a good conversation of even debate. Sometimes when I read a book I can’t put it down, I read for hours on end or until its finish. When I choose a book I go for a book that sounds the most interesting to me, but this can be the most challenging thing about books, because there are so many good books it’s hard to just choose one. When I ask a person to read a certain book some just look at it and ask what kind of book if it’s not the same kind of book they normally read they just give it straight back and tell me it’s not there kind of book, but that is where they’re making the biggest mistake of all. I know this because I’ve missed out on a lot of good books because I would only read a certain type of book. Many People ask me why I read and what has reading ever done for me, I’ve even had a person ask me if I can relate to what I’m reading. To give them an answer to their questions I read because It feels great to get my hands on a book, it makes me feel like I am doing something good with my time, and I feel like I can relate to what I am reading. I find books to be very different with each one I read they can have the same kind of atmosphere and be about the same country. The books have been my way of traveling out of the country to places I have never been. I love to read and talk to people who have lived back in that time, it makes me fell like I’m actually there in that time period.

If I could give advice to any young reader I would say this to them keep reading because if you can read you can imagine, if you imagine you can dream, and if you dream your dreams can become reality. Plus if you read your more likely to read your textbooks which in turn can make your grades go up and be much higher than if you didn’t.